The Affinity way
The best intentions fail to come to fruition without a good plan. And a good plan has structure and milestones while still allowing adjustments as needed. We favour an adaptive rather than predictive approach and that allows flexibility in our plan. Because we have completed more than 700 client projects over the past 25 years, we know how to deliver successful projects.
We start with establishing clear ground rules:
- Engagement structure – how roles and responsibilities are assigned, controlled, and coordinated for the Affinity-Client team
- Communications plan – to ensure transparency and effectiveness
- Expectation management – how expectations are captured, monitored, and influenced
- Escalation approach – how to anticipate project challenges and provide guidance to the overall team
- Approval process – set frequent client approval points so that we can demonstrate that our solution is constantly meeting the project goals and objectives
This ensures everyone is starting with a clear understanding of the team structure and the project doesn’t get stalled or delayed due to misunderstandings.
We build the team and the plan:
- Create small dedicated teams – focused and motivated teams who are responsive and nimble
- Establish milestones – structured feedback with stakeholders
- Integrate QA early – include quality analysts into the team right from the design phase
Our teams are motivated and focused because we work through unknown variables together and establish our priorities.
Then we develop the plan around the stages of project delivery:
- Problem analysis – work very closely with clients in order to gain business insight
- Requirements – define the problem and identify requirements, refine business logic as needed
- Project planning – establish milestones as the clear path for clients and developers
- Design – focus on refining design while keeping in mind future needs
- Development – delivering one milestone at a time while anticipating implications
- Documentation – begins at the design stage and continues through development and QA
- Knowledge transfer – ensure all critical knowledge is shared throughout the duration of the project
- Quality Assurance – exhaustive and controlled tests on a variety of platforms and under realistic conditions
- Deployment – handle mission critical and large user base deployments smoothly
- Maintenance & Support – we remain focused on our clients projects past production deployment
This approach along with our extensive experience keeps our projects on track and allows us to deliver solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Ready to Get Started?
Talk to us about your upcoming Software Development or Quality Assurance project and we'll get you started on the right track.